Monday, January 11, 2010

Urban Ministry

The topic for this seminar is Multi-Cultural & Urban Ministry. I never thought that it would be something that I needed, because I thought I would always be in rural/small town ministry. The speaker is awesome and is very interesting (and energetic). I don't foresee falling asleep in class.

I feel sorry for the people who don't speak English as their native language. The pace is very, very rapid.

We are going on a field trip Wednesday to feed & cloth the homeless in downtown Houston. I am excited about that.

As much as I complain about the way this new doctoral program is moving (more into a Ph.D. mode and away from practical), the new director of the program is managing to add a hands-on experience for every seminar. It is making it more interesting and more trouble all at the same time. Like many people, I don't like change.

They were laughing when I sat down because it was the same seat as last time, and the time before, and the time before that. You get the idea!!

No comments: