Thursday, January 27, 2011

Max Lucado

I am reading the new Max Lucado book "Out Live Your Life" and I'm considering doing a bible study over it, also. I know that he isn't a Methodist but I really like his books especially for teaching. It is about the power of a single person to make a difference in the world. Love the concept and the book is filled with good examples.

On another topic, we had the informational meeting last night for the "Strong Women" program. I'm trying to get my elderly ladies to start working on building muscle mass. The benefits to strength training for women (and men) is enormous and I think it will be a good program for the church. With that said, the women who came last night made me want to pull my hair out. The county agent trying to explain the program had to say the same thing over and over and over, simply because ladies would be talking in little groups and miss the explanation. Not very pastoral of me but I wanted to yell "Sit down and shut up"......my common sense kicked in and I just kept smiling on the outside and screaming on the inside. The meeting should have taken 30 minutes but ended up lasting 1 1/2 hours. I made it home without saying or doing anything. And people don't believe in miracles :)

2 comments:

JustBummin said...

Just an FYI, there's a new Bible called the Lucado Life Lessons Study Bible that's meant to be the companion Bible to Outlive Your Life. It might be helpful in preparing your Bible study. There's also a free iPhone and Android app built around the Bible. It would give you a good indication of what's inside. Hope this is helpful.

Rev.Dulce said...

Thanks! I downloaded the Droid App. The book is good and I still need to watch the DVD.