Saturday, March 15, 2008

Powerful Experience

This week I was praying with a woman as she took her last breath. It was a powerful and moving experience, especially since she had been such a strong woman of faith and a member of my internship committee. It affected me profoundly to be with her during this time.

The aftermath has been unpleasant to say the least. I have heard of families fighting over possessions, arguing over funeral details, etc. I have never seen some of the dysfunction that this family has exhibited. The son and his wife are fighting over the china hutch....they both want it.....they live in the same house....OMG, what can you say to that???

The son wants me to go over to his mother's house and help him go through his mother's things.....alone. I explained that this was probably not something that I should be involved with and then called my SPRC Chair and clued her in to the bad vibes I was getting. Grief can make people do things out of character but I don't want to get in the middle of the train wreck that I see coming.

I did direct him to a friend of mine that is a Methodist Pastor, a male pastor, in his hometown and advised him to visit his church tomorrow.

Maybe I'm just imagining things but it sure did feel weird.

I did contact the DS of the neighboring state. He said that my name is still on the board, so I am keeping hopeful.

No comments: