Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ten Sermons

I just realized that I have only ten more sermons to preach at my current church. That makes this waiting even more nerve-wracking and now I'm starting to feel sad about leaving, too.

I have been here 4 1/2 years. I have made very close friends, fell in love with the church, and grown tremendously as a preacher and a pastor.

Leaving is a painful process even if you know something good is waiting for you. It becomes even more painful if you are still unsure about your future. It makes "Here Am I, Lord, Send Me" even more a test of faith.

I believe that I am learning more about myself during this time, the good and the bad. Hopefully, like all other "bad" events in my life, I will look back on this period as a time of growth.

I read in the Conference Newspaper about the proposal to streamline the ordination process and eliminate the Commissioning Process. I am sooo on-board with that.

3 comments:

more cows than people said...

holy cow- i think i have six sermons- max- left. SIX.

and i have a lay person who wants to preach some week that i'm here so it might be five.

wow. just wow.

((((revdulce))))

and congrats on the weight loss.

Brian Vinson said...

I'm with you on that - I just counted and I think I have 10 sermons as well.

And I think I'm going to let Bill Hybels construct 4 of them (doing the Just Walk Across the Room curriculum, which comes with sermons, which I will tailor to this congregation).

Rev.Dulce said...

Look's like we are all short-timer's at our current locations. Starting at a new place is always exciting and a little scary.

I have my sermon's pretty much laid out and ready to go EXCEPT for the last Sunday. Not sure which way to go with that one.