Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tail-bone

Made a quick trip to LR today. My tail-bone is not happy from all that time in the car, but it was a successful trip. I did get a lesson and not a good lesson in hospitality today, though. After hours and many miles in the car, I showed up at the Property Manager's office to sign the lease and to hand over several hundred dollars in deposit, first month's rent and pet fee's ($200 per animal). I asked quite naturally if I could use the restroom before I watched their required (hour long) video. The answer was "NO, Use the Burger King next door." It didn't look good for a minute but I went next door and didn't say anything negative (well not too negative).

I got everything else completed on my to-do list and have made it back home safely. I took measurements of the house and learned an important lesson. Do not look at a house when you have been up since 3 a.m. and have spent all day at a seminar. It skews your perceptions. The place is bigger than my first impression. It is still half the size of my current parsonage but it is much better than I first thought and the piano will not be an issue because it is a straight shot into the room that I have designated it for.

I did take measurements and tomorrow (after a good nights sleep), I will measure my furniture and decide where I want everything to go. I did get all my clothes moved into the new place today. I am preaching in my jeans on Sunday.

1 comment:

DogBlogger said...

I'm glad that all your back-and-forth driving will soon be over!
(((revdulce)))