Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Road to Recovery

I am trying to get well from having the flu. I guess the stress of my situation overcame my natural resistance to the flu (plus I had the stupid flu shot). Anyway, I have been laid flat out for the last few days.

I want to thank everyone for all your support during the stressful time. I really appreciate it. It meant so much to me.

Last night I went to a meeting of the District Board of Ordained Ministry and the support from that board was overwhelming. They support me 100% (which for a Methodist board is kind of unusual). They are going to fight the system on my behalf. I don't know that they will be successful in my case but perhaps it will stop this from happening to someone else.

I have been contacted by three different conferences that are interested in having me in their conference. One of which I sent all my information today because that DS said that they are meeting on Monday and he will present my info to the bishop. He was very positive and will let me know something by the end of this month. Pray that I get into the right conference.

I have a funeral to attend this afternoon, so I am going to lay down for a while and build up my strength.

P.S. One of the things that made my District BOM furious was that the Psychiatrist said that I needed to take a CPE course but that the only one that would be acceptable is the one that he is teaching. They felt that this was a form of blackmail and very unethical.

5 comments:

Brian Vinson said...

I'm glad to hear that they are coming to bat for you. YOu've been in my prayers.

mid-life rookie said...

Okay, prayers for justice being answered perhaps. I'm praying for discernment on everyone's part- especially yours. Get well soon.

more cows than people said...

i'm so glad you're getting support and invitations and all the love you deserve. it was WONDERFUL talking with you. sorry if i talked too much. and i'm so sorry you've had the flu. yuck.

DogBlogger said...

Oh, this is all good stuff to hear (with the exception of the part about you coming down with the flu, of course). Thanks for the update.

(((RevDulce)))

Crimson Rambler said...

fingers crossed... (((RevDulce)))