Monday, February 25, 2008

Watching Water Boil

You know the old adage "a watched pot never boils". Well, that is the suspense the I am living in right now. However, one of the conferences that is interested in me, had one of their D.S.'s contact my D.S. Who promptly gave them a glowing reference. Hope springs eternal.

After my wonderful morning baptismal experience, I spent the rest of the day in prayer and meditation. Trying to relax and get my spirit back in balance. Obviously, I put off the entire de-stressing just a little too long.

I was getting revved up and moving again from my dreadful flu experience. Today, I wake up with the beginning of a cold---all centered in the middle of my chest. Darn, Darn, Darn.............

I still have people in the hospital that I need to see but they are in ICU. I certainly know that they want me to come see them but I feel that I would be endangering their recovering.

I am going to call in some of my friends for support. Church members are already visiting but I have several local clergy friends that will do a pastoral visit for me.

This sucks. It took me two weeks to get over the flu and now this. I know that all the stress is lowering my resistance but I eat right, exercise and take lots and lots of vitamins. Okay, now I know that I'm sick. I'm starting to whine.

I did finally get something very important accomplished today. I set up a trust, guardianship for my daughter and my Last Will & Testament in the event of my untimely death. Four years ago, I was being wheeling into surgery (gall-bladder) and realized that I had not made any provisions for my daughter.

I immediately bought a life insurance policy but it has been a little more complicated getting all the legal paper-work in order. Especially since I named someone outside of my family as the Executor and a cousin for her guardian (not my parents or sister). But everything is now signed, sealed and given to all relevant parties. The notary said, "You would be surprised how many people your age never make these kinds of provisions for their kids. It makes for a huge fight, lots of heart-ache, on top of the grief of the parent's death."

It makes me feel better that I have done the "grown-up" thing. Of course, I hope that it is totally unnecessary. Plus, I did the "pull-the-plug" directive, also.

2 comments:

more cows than people said...

((((revdulce))))

Crimson Rambler said...

((revdulce)) -- I know what you mean about "the grown-up thing"...while you're waiting for the "watched pots," maybe you would like to play the meme I've tagged you for at my place?!