Sunday, April 27, 2008

Keep Praying

Well, it looks like I have passed the first two hurdles between myself and the new appointment. There will be a Charge Conference on May 8th, so keep praying that everything goes according to God's plan. It is looking very, very hopeful so far.

I continue filling my time with D.Min. work and, somehow, ended up on another District Committee trying to help small churches with their worship. How did that happen???? I just woke up from a nap, went to the meeting, and walked away with a new job. Probably my fault for taking that nap before going in, it made me too talkative.

Ryss did very well at the District 5 Competition yesterday. She had to switch from the oboe to the violin at the last minute (oboe broke) and got third place. It is a 22 county competition, so I was happy for her. The Horse Team did outstanding, though, they beat everyone in their own age bracket and then just for practice competed against the senior team and beat them too.

I have been trying to pack a little bit every day. It isn't very much fun because I like to have everything in close reach. I mean, what if I need it??? I probably haven't needed it for five years but I might need it.

1 comment:

mid-life rookie said...

Still praying, but headed for bed as I had about 3 hours sleep each of the last two nights. I am checking on you regularly, but don't always comment. Keep posting and keep us posted.