Monday, August 4, 2008

Country Roads Take Me Home

Well, I spent two days driving close to 1,000 miles but it was totally worth it. I got my little girl back. We were able to have several good debates over Free Will, Destiny and an Omniscient God. I can honestly say that the trip home was more interesting than the trip up. Plus, I saw some beautiful country that I had never driven through before.

She is already making plans to go back next year. There were lots of tears and hugs and more tears during the leave-taking. Her professor was a very nice man and gave Ryss an "exceeded expectations" rating for her time there. I told her that was kind of subjective since we didn't know what the expectations were in the first place. It could have been that the expectations were getting out of bed every morning on time. I have a good time teasing her.

I am tired of school myself which is a shame since I still have several years left in my D.Min. program. I think that all the excitement of the summer is starting to give way to exhaustion. Between all the drama of leaving Texas, starting a new appointment, getting settled in a new house, my seminar, Ryss's time at KU, I am tired. I have three papers due by August 15th. I don't want to do them. I'm such a whiner!!!!

No comments: