Friday, October 24, 2008

Christian Fiction

I love to read but I usually don't read Christian fiction. I must admit that I personally find much of it poorly written or I have problems in over-analyzing the theology behind it (The "Left-Behind" series comes to mind). But so many people were raving over "The Shack" that I read it and found it interesting.

I really liked one quote: "Life takes a bit of time and a lot of relationship" (page 92). Most of my time is spent on building relationships so this resonated with me.

In other news, my computer appears to be fixed. The repairman had to make an emergency run to my house this morning. It has been a rough couple of weeks. We have become very dependent upon computers.

Sunday is my regularly scheduled day to preach. It sure makes you feel more comfortable to have a few days in order to prepare a sermon versus a few hours. It will be ironic if last week's sermon is better rated than the one that I actually prepared for.

Tomorrow I am going hiking with a group from the church. I hope that my knee holds up but I am really looking forward to the hike.

No comments: