Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Day

My Tuesday's start with a Bible Study at 9 a.m. and ends with a Bible Study at 9 p.m. (well, actually ends at 10 p.m.). But I had some free time around lunch, so I went and voted. Stood in line for one hour but it was an interesting time----I love watching people. Sounds a little creepy when I say it like that. Anyway, I voted, so no unforeseen accident will keep me from the polls, better safe than sorry.

I met with my District BOM yesterday. They unanimously voted to recommend me for commissioning. I've been to this place in the process before but this time I have a good psych evaluation on my side. Plus, two members of the District board are members of the Conference board, so it is looking hopeful. I really am amazed that they let me go before the board this year. I thought they would make me wait. It was a good meeting. Overall, the process has been much smoother in this conference that my old one. I wonder why?!? Of course, I still have several hoops to jump through before next Annual Conference, so there is still time to be hit some rough spots. I'm keeping hope alive.

I even managed to get a little D.Min. reading under my belt today. I did it sitting at my desk, so I wasn't tempted to fall asleep like I do when I hit my recliner. Maybe, just maybe, I should have went for the bi-focals. Now if I could get motivated to start my exercise routine again. My problem is I go straight to work after dropping Ryss off at school and I don't have to be in the office until 9 or 10 (which would give me plenty of exercise time). However, I am cheap and don't want to waste gas driving home.

No comments: