Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July

Yesterday was a fun day, celebrating our country's 232nd birthday. The best part was that my daughter returned from a week-long mission trip to Memphis. I picked her up and we went straight to a BBQ at my uncles.

He had cooked baby-back ribs on the grill until they fell off the bones. It was great. And we sat around the kitchen table with friends, just visiting. Nice and relaxing.

Later, I loaded girl child into the car to head back into the city. We stopped by the river front and watched fireworks while listening to the symphony. Of course, I am not that familiar with the downtown area yet, so I didn't feel real comfortable wandering around in the dark. Which means that I found a nice parking lot where we could see everything and we sat in the car. I know, I know it is kind of cheating but it was still nice.

Today I have absolutely nothing planned, nothing, zip, nada, zilch. Which is a good thing because the girl is still sound asleep and I don't look to hear anything from her until around noon. (I do have to finish one book for my D.Min. seminar but I don't have to get out of my pajamas for that.)

We are both leaving next week-end for long excursions. She is going to the University of Kansas for her Philosophy camp and I am leaving for my D.Min. seminar in the exact opposite direction. Thank goodness for family. My aunt and uncle are driving her to her destination for me.

I have to appear before this district's Board of Ordained Ministry for my license interview on Tuesday. I am praying that all goes well. I'm thinking that if they moved me here from the state next door certainly they won't deny me my license. (keep fingers crossed)

No comments: