Friday, May 30, 2008

Coming Together

Well, the move is all coming together. Due to the different move policies between the two conferences, it is going to be much easier and much, much cheaper to rent a U-Haul and move myself. So I reserved the truck today. And one week from tomorrow, I will be loading the truck. Hopefully, with a lot of helpful friends and parishioners. And if everything works out, I will be unloading the truck in Little Rock Sunday evening. My sister has volunteered to drive the truck to LR. I haven't figured out how I'm supposed to get her back home, yet. Hmmm..... I wonder how long it would take her to forgive me if I put her on a bus home.

That economic stimulus check came at the perfect time to help with the move. It will help to pay for my renter's insurance policy that the landlord requires since I have dogs. I have the friendliest dogs in the world but I suppose it is better to be safe than sorry.

One of my best friends spent the night here last night with his son. He had a parishioner dying in the hospital in the big city and needed a place to crash. It didn't get here until 1:30 a.m. and all of us, kids and all, stayed up until 2:30 talking. I'm a little sleepy. I might have to take a nap because the HS graduation ceremony is tonight at 8 p.m. We served the entire graduating class breakfast this morning before their rehearsal. It went well. It's been a good day. I can't wait to see the faces of the kids selected for the big scholarship that I helped to interview this week. One of them is going to be totally flabbergasted.

No comments: