Thursday, May 22, 2008

Cottage Living

The orientation went well. The bishop knew who I was and actually mentioned me during his talk. Plus, I found out that my current Bishop gave me a "glowing recommendation". I don't feel quite so anonymous anymore. It is a good feeling.

I found a place for us to live. I'm calling it "The Cottage". It is tiny compared to the current parsonage but I am still happy with it. It is in an exciting part of town, in a good school district for Ryss and it fits our budget. If we decide (after a year), that we want a larger place we will be in a better position to find a place. However, it is going to require some downsizing and maybe some creative storage options.

My dream last night was about missing the first service at the new church. My daughter got up and went but I stayed home and slept. Considering that the prior two nights I have only gotten about four hours of sleep, I understand why I dreamed about sleeping. It does mean my OCD tendencies regarding alarm clocks will be in overtime mode after we move for a little while.

2 comments:

DogBlogger said...

Glad to hear it went well!

revhipchick said...

sounds very very good! except the dream, but it was simply a dream. the real stuff is very good!

blessings