Monday, May 19, 2008

Orientation

I leave for Arkansas tomorrow for my Conference Orientation. This is an interesting prospect because I know that my current conference has no such thing. I wonder if this means that the Arkansas conference is more organized than Texas?? I will have to report back on this because I haven't witnessed a lot of organization in the UMC yet....bureaucracy, yes.....organization, no.

I suppose that is true of many large organizations but it can be frustrating to deal with on a personal level. What is kind of funny is that as my anxiety levels rose this past year, my own organization levels decreased. And I am paying the price now. The hardest thing to pack so far as been my office. It is a nightmare of paper. I believe that the worst is over but it has not been a pleasant experience. It has involved throwing a lot of stuff away which I always wonder, "Will I need that in the future?"

1 comment:

mid-life rookie said...

Hey, I tagged you for a meme when you get tired of packing.