Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Brrrrr

Night before last it was 60 degree's, last night it was 29. I couldn't hardly drive home from the hospital yesterday because the wind was trying to blow me off the road. What is up with this weird weather??

And I would like to take a moment to speak about STUPID PEOPLE. I know that is not a nice thing to say but sometimes the truth hurts. We have gale force winds, dry, dry tinder and people are burning leaves. Since when is burning leaves so important that you risk burning down your house, your neighbor's house and 100+ acres of land. There is one lady, who lives down the road, who is constantly burning her leaves. It is an obsession with her. So when we have a really windy day and millions of leaves blow into her leaf free lawn, I get tickled. Kind of mean of me, but every time I try to go to town I have to breath in the smoke from her burning leaves.

My philosophy is this: The leaves never hurt me, they are kind of pretty (most of the time), and they really don't need to be subjected to the burn pile. And if my leaves get too deep, I know that a really windy day will soon clean my yard of my leaves and give me my neighbor's leaves.

1 comment:

mid-life rookie said...

You've already read about my encounters with stupid people. Hang in there. By the way the 3 hours meant a lot to her. As for getting away sooner, my CPE supervisor talked about "Get in, get down, get up, get out." I always had to pray that I would be where I needed to be when I needed to be there and trust that.