Saturday, January 19, 2008

Can't Fly

Well, I didn't make it to my daughter's big performance. Do you remember watching "Bewitched" when you were growing up? She could just twinkle her nose and be anywhere in the world. Do you remember trying and trying to twinkle your nose? This can be a difficult thing at times; choosing other people over your family. Unfortunately, the wedding was scheduled for weeks while the Band Director did not give me the performance information until Thursday. I don't like last minute stuff because it puts me in this position of choosing between my daughter and my calling.

At the mandatory party, I got to see my first D.S. He appointed me here and told me that I was doing a great job. He sits on the Board of Ordained Ministry, so I was happy to hear that.

All my other activities went off without a hitch. I do have a question for all of you clergy-type people out there. How much do you charge for doing a wedding?

2 comments:

more cows than people said...

to answer your question- not enough. recently the session changed our wedding policy to require $150 for my services for non-members- nothing for members, children of members, or grandchildren of members (this begins to get absurd). considering i do three pre-marital counseling sessions (anywhere from 3-5 hours of in-person time, another hour or two of prep time) and offer a very personalized wedding... not enough.

just caught up on your last four posts. sounds like a very painful fall and a very busy saturday. may today go smoothly and may you rest well when worship is through.

Brian Vinson said...

$150