Saturday, January 5, 2008

I Am Legend

We went to the movies yesterday and saw the new Will Smith movie "I Am Legend". I enjoyed it but I'm not going to tell what happened in case you still haven't seen it.

Today, we both got new haircuts. Of course, I didn't change the basic style, just had four inches cut off. You might think that I'm boring (and you're probably right). I, however, like to think that I've found a style that works for me and it doesn't make any sense to change it.

I decided at the last minute that my sermon for tomorrow totally sucked and wasn't what needed to be said.....don't you just hate when this happens?? So I have changed everything, even the scripture passage, which meant that I had to re-do the bulletin. Hopefully, I will sleep better tonight. I woke up at 5 a.m. this morning and couldn't go back to sleep, so I watched a show about Carmelite Spirituality. It was the perfect thing......I fell into a deep sleep. No, no, I'm just kidding. The Bishop of Stockholm Sweden was arguing that morning prayers are even more important than evening prayers, since evening prayers are more a recounting of the day's events while morning prayers are an invitation for God to accompany us are our daily journey. So I prayed. I don't think I accomplished very much today except for the sermon.

I am having problems with motivation. My desk is covered with mail...junk, junk, and more junk. I feel like I am drowning. I know that it is this whole psych eval thing that is messing me up but somehow knowing the cause and moving beyond it are two totally different things. My D.S. has reassured me that no matter what happens with my commissioning he has a place for me. That was a huge relief. I have done everything that I can and as MoreCows said in her blog, I'm not in control. So I'm just going to trust in God.....

No comments: