Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Contrasts



Jo(e) http://writingasjoe.blogspot.com/ was discussing how quiet the house is now that college is back in session compared to how noisy it was while all the kids were at home. I got to thinking about things that you notice because they are opposite of what you have been experiencing.


I looked for some things around the house to illustrate my example. I thought about dirty versus clean but decided that meant I would have to clean something first (so that was obviously out).

But I thought that the picture of the cross on top of the church would get the point across (with the added benefit of not having to clean anything). The blue sky wouldn't be nearly as beautiful if we never had a cloudy day. I guess that we wouldn't appreciate God's gifts without some of the troubles that life has in store for us.


1 comment:

mid-life rookie said...

So, since you've had some gloom lately, your brights must seem really bright!