Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Work-Out

I am so sore today that I can hardly move. My personal trainer is a sadist. Not really, but I am in pain. Unfortunately, I gained 2/10 of a pound last week. I am in a smaller size of pants but didn't lose any weight. I'm blaming it on the Community Thanksgiving Service. I had to eat or I would have seemed unsociable. Yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I will be at my sister's tomorrow for Thanksgiving. Last year we had it at my house but she got a new house a month ago and is dying for everyone to come there. I'm really glad. It means that I don't have to worry about getting mine "family" ready. And, I get to leave when I've had enough "family" time. When I accepted Christ into my heart, my family relationships dramatically improved, but they can be a little hard to take for extended periods of time. Luckily, I only live 30 minutes away so I can leave fairly easily.

I am absolutely not participating in "Black Friday" sales. I find all of that absolutely crazy. I can't understand actually getting up at 4 am, to stand in line, to spend my money. My sister-in-law lives for Friday and she does by a ton of stuff for a reasonable amount of money. I still can't see the appeal in getting pushed, shoved, and mauled to give a store money.

The church, kindly, gave me my paycheck early so that I could spend it buying stuff on Friday. Not happening..... but I wish all of you lot's of great bargains as you shop until you drop. I will sit in vigil for your safe return (if you tell me you will be out in that mess).

No comments: