Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Cross-Country

So Ryss got off of the school bus yesterday with a new plan for Athletics. She was not able to be a member of the volleyball team because of her "meanie" of a mother. I tried to explain that it was impossible to do both volleyball and karate and cheerleading and band and horse club. So anyway, now she is running cross-country because they meet in the morning and not the afternoon. You've got to hand it to the girl she is good, really, really good. I had no argument with her logic. Of course, this meant that I had to get up and get her to the school at 6:45 this morning. But it did get me motivated to start my walking program again. So I loaded up all the dogs, dropped off the kid and we went walking until 7:30. The puppies are ecstatic - they love to run around the field surrounding the walking track.

Revival Update = we had a huge night last night. Usually in my experience, the first night is the most well attended and then it tapers off until by the final night there isn't anyone present at all. We kept a really even attendance all the way through and last night we had a great band. Like I said previously, I am so letting the laity plan this stuff from now on.

The best thing about last night is that T came to the service. He is the boy shot in a drive-by shooting. He will be confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life. It was a true tragedy since he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. The shooter's didn't even know who he was. Not that all of these acts of violence aren't all tragedies, I continue to be amazed at how cruel we can be to our fellow humans not to mention the animals.

As you can tell, I am a dog lover. In our house is a true menagerie; 3 dogs, 2 cats, 1 fish and 1 snake. Outside at various moments of my daughters 4-H career; horse, goats, lamb, rabbits. And before they made the fatal mistake of escaping in a house full of predators - 2 pygmy hamsters. (They did make the snake a fine, fine meal)

A/C Update: The church now has multiple quotes and are planning on replacing the a/c in the parsonage. I hope that it is really soon. The window units are keeping the house fairly comfortable. However, they are not filtering out all of the high levels of mold floating around in the great outdoors. I am unable to take a breath. Obviously my allergy meds will work for limited exposure - going outside for a walk, running from the truck to the church, going into Wal-Mart. However, 24 hours a day is too much.

I finished that very slow D.Min. book finally. I am down to the final two required reads before the Seminar. One is only 70 pages long and the other looks more technical on actually writing the final paper and completing the D.Min. Project. All of the financial aid paperwork has been submitted, so now it is just a waiting game. I have been in school so long, I believe I am addicted to that first day of school excitement.

Bible Study tonight is going to be over the various names of God. What are your favorites? I like Adonai, just for the way that slides off of my tongue. El Shaddai for God Almighty or God of the Mountaintop.

No comments: