Monday, August 13, 2007

John Maxwell

I read "The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership" today by John Maxwell. It has made me more comfortable with some of the hard decisions that my church is going to have to make in the future. One of the best things is that all of the great leaders that he talked about in his book first failed. And leaders are developed over time, few are born great leaders.

I look at the people that I have surrounded myself with over the last few years and it comforts me because I have got some outstanding friends that are very successful.

Predetermine a Course of Action
Lay out your goals
Adjust Your Priorities
Notify key personnel

Allow time for acceptance
Head into action
Expect Problems
Always Point to the successes
Daily Review your plan.

PLAN AHEAD (p.40)

Sounds good, better get to work.

No comments: