Wednesday, September 19, 2007

acute myelogenous leukemia

My sister called me right before Bible Study and said that she has been diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia (at least preliminarily). They will confirm the diagnosis on the 25th. I only have one sibling and she is two years younger than I am. This would explain why she is sick all the time and the anemia.

She is 41 so the prognosis is pretty good but she has been in poor health for most of her adult life. I, once, told her that she didn't have any more expendable organs. They had all been removed.

I'm still processing this information and I'm not sure how I feel right now. I'm guess I'm in denial or hoping that the tests will show that it is something else. Her name is - Joy - pray for her.

2 comments:

more cows than people said...

(((revdulce)))

i will pray for her. and for you.

Kathryn said...

praying here too