Saturday, September 15, 2007

Well, Well, Well

Spent the day with the family of the deceased. Got some good stories to use in the sermon. It was a blessing that she passed away and the family is at peace with it.

Then I went and spent a couple of hours with my newly engaged couple, It was really a great day. They are a great couple. We are going to start pre-marital counseling soon. Do you guys know of any great resources that I can use?

Later I learned something today about the "Head Bane of my Existence". Let me put it this way, I'm not going to feel inadequate around her again. Apparently, she isn't taking singleness and celibacy thing very seriously. Now don't think that I am gloating. But she is so "holier than thou" that it is sickening. Can you say "hypocrite"???? I know that I'm a sinner and I will admit it. Now, I'm not going to use this information in any way but I can better understand why she is acting in certain ways and will be able to cope. Especially since I can always rant and rave here.

3 comments:

Brian Vinson said...

I use "Saving Your Marriage Before it Starts" by Les and Leslie Parrott. I buy a copy and one each of the workbooks and give it to the couple and have them go through it together.

Brian Vinson said...

Oh, and the insider info on "Head Bane"... unless you plan on confronting her with it (in a Christian manner, of course), you'd be best set to just forget about it. Don't use any of that information against her, even in your head. Because if you do, you're lowering yourself to her standard, and that just isn't any good.

Rev.Dulce said...

I know, I know and that is one level that I don't want to fall to, so I will be good. But you got to admit, in your heart, that when someone has been treating you as bad as she has treated me - there is that brief moment of "GOTCHA".