Saturday, September 1, 2007

Flags & Fire Ants

I helped the local Ladies Club put out over 40 American Flags this morning. Being one of the youngest (maybe the youngest), I had the hardest job which involved two large wrenches and kneeling on the ground. Hot and tired but doing okay until the very end when kneeling on the ground accidently ended up in a Fire Ant bed. They bit me all over my hands and between the fingers. I don't have the really bad reaction that alot of people have to fire ants but it makes my joints ache for day or so. And the pain is almost immediate. For those of you living where the are no fire ants count yourselves lucky and get ready they will be there soon.

Did not go to the big city and get Ryss's new cross country shoes last night. Got to thinking about all the drunks between the mall and home, thought maybe we should wait until today. Of course, now I don't feel like it but such is life.

I stayed up last night and watched "Wild Hogs". It wasn't that great except for a few scenes where I laughed so hard that I cried but they couldn't redeem the rest of the movie. At least, these men didn't do something stupid for their mid-life crisis' (infidelity, etc). It was slapstick and fun.

Hi Ho Hi Ho, it's off to the mall I go.............

2 comments:

Brian Vinson said...

What kind of shoes did you get Ryss? Old cross-country runners want to know!

Rev.Dulce said...

We bought her New Balance Running shoes. A friend had told us to buy NB Off-Road but we couldn't find them. We did have the sales guy help us pick out the ones that fit her the best and then bought really expensive insoles.

It was the first time she had ever sat down and let a stranger put shoes on her feet. It was kind of funny.