Saturday, September 22, 2007

Trip Prep





Wouldn't Barbara Kingsolver be proud of me?? I harvested my first bell pepper of the season (the other one got eaten by a mystery bug). I'm afraid that I would starve to death. I want you to take a close look at my little shadow.... he was helping in the garden. Note the dirt packed nostrils. I finished her book today. Loved it!!

I previewed my talk for the "Walk to Emmaus" today. It was a very affirming moment for me because they unanimously loved my talk. How often does that happen in the life of a preacher? This was a first for me. I'll admit that the Walk can be hard work and probably isn't for everyone but I have people coming up to me, who remember what a change occurred in their spiritual lives after their walk. Some of them I don't even remember because I just swung in, gave my talk and hit the road, again. Drive-by spiritual transformation.

My bags are packed and ready to go. I have this weird OCD thing where the only times that I really want the house clean are; 1) When company is coming, my ex-husband said he invited people over just to get the house cleaned. (I always wondered why he didn't do it himself.) And, 2) I must leave a clean house behind whenever I leave on a trip.

Dogs have been dropped off with a good friend. Daughter is packed and ready to stay with her BFF (with all the emergency numbers that I could think of and a copy of our insurance card, just for emergencies). I noticed how much stuff that I have accumulated and, obviously, don't believe that I can live without by the sheer number of chargers that I needed to pack. And, I even packed my swimming suit. I'm thinking early morning swim for a work-out. I haven't been able to do that since I was young, single and living in an apartment complex.

Ryss said, "Mom, it's a shame that you couldn't find anyone to preach for you tomorrow". She is so sweet to worry about me. I promise that I am not a workaholic. I'm not. I tried really hard but the laborers of few.

1 comment:

more cows than people said...

it's a great book, isn't it?

so you're preaching and lecturing today?

enjoy your clean house when you get home.