Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Prep Time

Went down to the church and helped get the rooms ready for the - count them - four confirmed children coming to tomorrows big ministry event. But we didn't require pre-registration so it could be more. I forgot that today is the day that the Quilter's meet (you know them as "The Banes of my Existence"). But it was okay. They quilted and gossiped and we worked.

Considering my last post, I decided I would ride my bicycle to the church. Not far, can see it across my yard. But after I left the church, I rode it home the long way - 2 whole miles. We had our very first cold front today and it really dropped the humidity down. It was pretty pleasant but now I am so sleepy and it is only 1 p.m. Of course, I didn't tell you about Lily getting sick last night so I only got about four hours of sleep. It wasn't pretty and to top it off I jumped out of bed without my new foot stretch routine (because face it when the dog is sick you have to hurry to the door). Feet hurt - ouch, ouch, ouch.

My office floor is cleaned and shampooed and visible for the first time in four years. I have discovered why it is hard to clean in here because I stop and go through stuff. And remember why I saved it to start with. I have a person in my congregation that has a problem with hoarding (no, not me - someone else). And I can totally see the motivation - "BECAUSE you really might need it someday!!!!"

I am going to use puppets tomorrow and tell the story of Noah and the Ark. I'm excited. I hope that this works out and no one gets hurt or something equally terrible. I have a very vivid imagination. Plus, I worked in Day Care for my senior year of High School. I know that the little munchkins are just a walking accident (and a disease-carrying host). Just call my Paladin, off to battle with my Hand Sanitizer.

1 comment:

Terri said...

In a very weird deja vu I have actually looked for things I owned 18 years ago, and probably got rid of 16 years ago....Sometimes the things we have done in period of time in our lives actually intersect with another...in other words, I use to work for an Interior Designer. Recently my small church has been considering some new building projects - for which my Interior Design tools ( T-square, templates, rulers, etc) would have come in handy....but I know I got rid of these about two moves (and 9 years) ago...sigh...


still, yes, in general, it is a good idea to purge once in awhile.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and letting me know you are around. I look forward to reading more.