Thursday, September 27, 2007

Overwhelmed

Do you remember the first day of Seminary? What about the 3rd week? Combine those feelings and that is where I am today. I am exhausted and not sure that I can make it through this whole D.Min. Program. I always feel this way when they tell me all that I have to accomplish and it looks SO OVERWHELMING.

So I'm scattered today. My thoughts about the Project -- using small groups to increase a congregations spirituality. The hard part is coming up with quantitative measurements for spirituality. And an added stress, all of my Commissioning requirements due by Dec. 15. Plus, what happens if I get my project approved and then I move?

To much to handle today. To much to think about. Miss my baby and my other babies. I'm thinking that I will totally veg out tonight. Watch mindless television. Read a trashy romance novel. Pack. Call me Scarlett O'Hara, "I'll think about it tomorrow."

Lord, I know that you will not give me anything that I can't handle and that you will give the skills and strength to accomplish YOUR goals. Amen.

1 comment:

more cows than people said...

oh, i totally know the feeling. but you had those feelings at the beginning of seminary and finished right? and all shall be well with this too.