Friday, September 21, 2007

My Friend the Stallion


This is RED. He comes from wherever he may be in the field, at a gallop, when he sees me walking down to this fence. Why? Because I bring him treats. He especially likes grapes and banana's. I will peel the banana and after he is done, I throw the peel out into his pasture. He will hunt it down and eat the peel, too. Very strange.
I am trying to get all of the arrangements made to leave for Houston after church on Sunday. One of the burning questions in my mind, What time do the classes start? I have emailed (on Monday) no answer. I finally called today. "Ummm, I'm not sure maybe 8 or 8:30." You can imagine my frustration level is on the rise.
I did go to the football game. It was a very long drive but it was pretty. I was almost in Oklahoma before it was over though. We lost. All three games. During the 8th grade game, I saw some of the worst refereeing that I have ever seen. The other team was running out the clock so the Quarterback took the snap and kneeled. The ref put the ball back on the original line of scrimmage for the next down. What the *&%$??? This is just the tip of the iceberg. We lost that game 8 to 0. The other two weren't even close. We have a terrible football program and we just hired another coach. What a waste of money!! Yet I'm having to shell out money for music lessons that the school can't pay for. Don't get me wrong. I'm actually a football fan. I even went to Atlanta in 1994 to watch the Cowboys win the Superbowl. This just seems wrong for this small school.
The cheerleaders were awesome, however. And totally kicked the other team's cheerleaders butts. :-) They did some impressive stunts. Thank God no one fell.
I have to go preview my "Walk to Emmaus" talk tomorrow about one hour from here. Yes, that on top of the two sermons, two bulletins and ALL the other arrangements. Guess what it is on? Prevenient Grace - and my spell checker doesn't even catch the spelling anymore.
I am reading Barbara Kingsolver's book and I tried buying locally yesterday. I found a little stand on my way to Oklahoma yesterday. And I got a whole bunch of stuff. So I'm eating fresh stuff today and figuring out what to make for supper tonight. Because a miracle has occurred - we don't have one single thing to do tonight. Ryss and I are both free. So we are going to eat organically, healthy and locally. Yeah! In honor of this occasion I am going to harvest my one bell pepper. The only one I have managed to grow this year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My you have a busy time ahead of you too.