Wednesday, September 26, 2007

DISC

One of the D.Min. exercises today was a DISC Profile test. It showed that I am a High "D": creative, investigator, developer. It says that I tend to be a strong-willed individualist, continually seeking new horizons. As self-reliant, independent thinkers, D's prefer to find their own solutions. Often by-pass conventions and find innovative solutions.


That doesn't sound that bad does it? It also means that I have high expectations of others and can be critical when my standards are not met. Ouch.... it also means that I don't SEEM to show empathy. So this means that my decision not to get my D.Min. in pastoral counseling was the right one. I'm leaning towards Pastoral Leadership.

Spending all of this time alone has given me a lot of time to think and pray. So it has been a mini-retreat in some ways. Not a bad thing but I miss my daughter and my dogs. (And my pillow, sob sob)

1 comment:

more cows than people said...

huh. I think I took that in my career counseling pre-seminary, but I don't remember anything about it.

A test like that can tell you that you don't appear to show empathy? Fascinating.